Saturday, January 9, 2010

Top Albums of the Double-Aughts

I will preface this Top Ten list by saying that "top" probably doesn't really apply. I am not trying to make an argument that these are the ten best albums of the decade from some kind of detached aesthetic perspective. These are my favorite ten albums of the decade - although I find the top five or six pretty unassailable - for any white suburban males. So don't try to argue with me. Suggestions are welcome. The only other caveat is no repeat artists.

1. The Strokes, Is This It

2. Sufjan Stevens, Illinois

3. The Secret Machines, Now Here is Nowhere

4. The Arcade Fire, Funeral

5. The White Stripes, Elephant

6. Kings of Leon, Aha Shake Heartbreak

7. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Shake The Sheets

8. Brighteyes, I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

9. The Faint, Wet From Birth

10. The Sounds, Living In America

Honorable Mentions: The Walkmen - Bows and Arrows, Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare, Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome, Beck - The Information, Radiohead - In Rainbows, Built To Spill - You In Reverse, Doves - Some Cities, The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium, The Stills - Logic Will Break Your Heart, Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones, The Black Keys - Rubber Factory, The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights, Feist, The Reminder


1 comment:

  1. I think Yoshimi might be my favorite ever. Thanks for the list; there's definitely some stuff I need to check out on here.

    ReplyDelete